APPEARANCE & PREFERENCES
There are more than 100 different kinds of Dragon Trees. This one originates from Madagascar and is, since of late, no longer an independent species but counted among Dracaena reflexa (var. angustifolia). Since the plant is still sold under its former botanical name, we decided to call it in this description Dracaena marginata’ as well. The plant has shiny dark green leaves which are edged in wine red. They resemble fleams: They are 20 mm slim and 30 cm to 40 cm long. After several years of careful maintenance, dragon trees are looking like palms; they are, however, not trees and closer related to lilies of the valley than to palms.
Dracaena marginatas prefer a sunny to semi-shade spot, like to stay on the balcony or patio during the summer; if so, it should be allowed to get used to sunlight gradually. Incessant rain is not its favorite weather and at temperatures below 10 °C (50 °F) it will be pleased to move back inside the house. Benevolent plant owners take care that it does not dry out and keep the plant moderately moist.
- HEALTHY ROOM AIR – Dragon Tree cleans the air very effectively from benzene, a pollutant contained in paints, rubber and plastics
- 100% QUALITY – Our plants are from AIR SO PURE, a Dutch gardening association that specialises in high-quality indoor air purifying plants
- A POWERFUL TEAM – Plants purify the air in a natural way. Together with our patented AIRY air purifier, pollutants are filtered, which has been proven to improve the indoor climate
- LIGHT CARE – Dragon tree prefers a sunny to semi-shady place, enjoys spending the summer on the balcony or terrace, but should get used to direct sunlight only slowly
- DECORATIVE – Dragon trees look like palms after a few years of good care. This always sets great accents in your home or office